Who We AreThe Brewton Medical Center was founded in August, 1956 by Frank Phillipi, MD, Robert E. Low, MD, Emile O. Scharnitzky, MD and Eric Strandell, MD all of whom believed they could best serve the healthcare needs of the Brewton Community if they worked together as a group. The Brewton Medical Center was first located at 1311 McMillan Ave in Brewton directly behind D. W. McMillan Memorial Hospital.
Obstetric and Gynecological services were added in 1988.
James Walker, MD began his practice in 1988.
Melissa Heath, MD joined him in 2006.