The History of Brewton Medical Center, LLCThe Brewton Medical Center was founded in August, 1956 by Frank Phillipi, MD, Robert E. Low, MD, Emile O. Scharnitzky, MD and Eric Strandell, MD all of whom believed they could best serve the healthcare needs of the Brewton Community if they worked together as a group. The Brewton Medical Center was first located at 1311 McMillan Ave in Brewton directly behind D. W. McMillan Memorial Hospital. It was at this location that the professional ranks grew to six physicians with Family Medicine being its primary concern. Obstetric and Gynecological services were added in 1988.
The Medical Center moved to its current state of the art location at 1121 Belleville Avenue in April, 1998. Then in 1999 Pediatric and Cardiology Services were added. Its professional staff has grown to 8 full time physicians: 5 family physicians: Dr. Elizabeth Low, Dr. William H. Whittle, Dr. Isabel Villarreal, Dr. Aaron Morgan, Dr. Scott Moore; and 2 OB/Gyns: Dr. James Walker and Dr. Melissa Heath and 1 Pediatrician: Dr. Paul LoDuca and additional providers Pediatric nurse practitioner - Andrea Roberts, Wellness nurse practitioner - Angelica Williams and Family Practice Nurse Practitioner - Natalie Young.
Brewton Medical Center also welcomes visiting specialists that see patients upon referral: Santa Rosa Orthopedics, SEC Lung, Bayside Orthopedics, Southeast Vascular, Nephrology Associates of Gulf Coast, Gulf Coast Pain Management and Renalus Center for Kidney Care.